12 rules for life. Jordan Peterson
Cultivating judgement about difference between virtue and vice is the beginning of wisdom. Signalling your virtue is a vice!
1. Stand up straight with your shoulders back. Eat breakfast. Accept the responsibility of life.
Speak your mind. Dare to be dangerous.
2. Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping. Ask yourself: what might my life look like if I were to look after myself properly.
3. make friends with people who want the best for you. Choose people who want things better not worse.
4.Compare yourself to who you were yesterday not to someone else today. You are multi-faceted. you cannot win at everything. Ask: what chaos can I eliminate from my life to improve it?
5. Do not let your children do anything that would make you dislike them. Reward good behaviour with attention.
6. Set your house in perfect order before criticising the world. Start to stop doing what you know to be wrong.
7. Pursue what is meaningful not expedient. The successful delay gratification and bargain with the future. Fix what is fixable. Decide how to use your time today to make life better.
8. Tell the truth-or at least do not lie.
9. Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you do not.
10. Be precise in your speech.
11. Do not bother children while they are skateboarding
12. Pet a cat in the street. Believe and accept Deus ex machina- divine intervention that solves a problem/problems in a better way than you had dreamed possible. It does happen. Often.
Aim for Paradise. Concentrate on today.